Christian Church we preach what the Bible teach
BIBLE STUDY - THE SECOND COMING OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
The first coming of Jesus to the earth is the time He was born of the virgin Mary. The second time He will return and put His feet on this earth, is what we want to refer and discuss here. The second coming of Jesus to earth can never be seen as the 'rapture of the Church'. The rapture is when Jesus will come 'for His saints', and the saints will go and meet Him in the clouds or air, read my Bible study on 'the rapture of the Church', the second coming is when Jesus will come 'with His saints' to live on the earth for a thousand years. This time Jesus will put His feet back on the mount Olivet from where He ascended after His resurrection. The second coming of Jesus Christ will happen approximately 7 years after the rapture of the Church as can be seen in my Bible study 'the Book of Revelation'.
Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. - "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven". - Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey, Acts 1:9 - 12.
There is a very interesting prophecy in the Book Zechariah 14:1 - 4 about the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, "Behold the day of the Lord is coming - and in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, from east to west, making a very large valley; half of the mountain shall move towards the north and half of it towards the south". Do yourself a favor and do some inquires on the effect the earthquakes have in Israel.
TESTIMONIES OF THE SECOND COMING:
1. Jesus said in Matthew 16:27, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his
2. Jesus said in Matthew 25:31, "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory".
3. Jesus said in John 14:2, 3 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not So, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go
and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that were I am, there you may be also"
4. The two men in white apparel said in Acts 1:11, ''This same Jesus, who was taken Up from you in heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him
go into heaven".
5. Paul said in Philippians 3:20, "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ".
6. Paul said to Titus 2:13, "Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ".
7. The writer to the Hebrews 9:28, "So Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time,
apart from sin, for salvation".
8. James wrote in James 5:7, 8 "Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord - You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of
the Lord is at hand.".
9. John wrote in 1 John 2:28, "And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at
10. Jude wrote in verse 14b, etc. "Behold the Lord comes with ten thousands of His Saints, to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly etc."
11. Revelation 1:7, "Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, and they also who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will
mourn because of Him".
We are living in the last days. The Bible teach us that in the last days there will be people that will mock and say, "Where is the promise of His coming", 2 Peter 3:3 - 13.
After that the rapture has taken place the true believers will receive their rewards in heaven and will then have a part in the supper of the Lamb. This time will last approximately 7 years. During this time the great tribulation will take place on the earth.
Then the second coming of the Lord with all his saints will take place and the battle of Armageddon will take place on earth. Satan and all his followers will be bound for a thousand years and during this time there will be peace on earth. After the thousand years Satan will be released and then God will defeat Satan and his followers with Gog and Magog and throw Satan and every person who's name is not written in the Lamb's Book of life in the lake of fire for ever. After this the existing world will be destroyed by fire and a new heaven and a new earth will come down from heaven and all the true believers and saints will live there forever as God had planned in the beginning. Read Bible studies on these subjects.
Compiled by: Chris Mengel Snr.
Sermon - The second coming of Jesus
What Christian Church believe
Bible Study Index
THIS PAGE TOP