we preach what
the Bible teach
BIBLE STUDY - THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON.
We read about the battle of Armageddon in Revelation 16:15,16, "Behold I am coming as a thief", verse 16, "And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon". Reading these verses will show us that Jesus warned about His second coming. "Behold I come like a thief in the night". Matthew 24:44, "Therefore, you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not expect Him". Matthew was written to the Jews.
Reading these and other Scripture verses we see when, why, buy whom, how long and the results of the battle of Armageddon will take place.
1. It will be at the time when Jerusalem is surrounded by armies of the nations and half of the city istaken, Zechariah 14:1 - 15. The book was written 550 BC. Read this prophecy on the fact that the Mount of Olives will be split in two, to the East and to the West, making a large valley. See my Bible study on ‘the second coming of Jesus Christ'.
2. It will be immediately after the great tribulation. Matthew 25:31 - 46. The rapture of the Church will take place before the great tribulation will start. The great tribulation is mainly for the Jews. See my Bible study on ‘the rapture of the Church’, the rapture of the Church is not the same as the ‘Second Coming of Jesus Christ’. See my Bible studies on these and the 'Great Tribulation’.
3. The battle of Armageddon will take place shortly after the second coming of JesusChrist. This can be seen from all the Gospels and my Bible study on ‘the second Coming of Jesus Christ’.
4. It will be just before the Millennium, Revelation 20:1 - 6. See my Bible study on ‘The Millennium’.
5. It will be before Satan will be bound for a thousand years, Revelation 19:11 - 21.
6. It will be after the marriage supper of the Lamb. Mattheuw 26:29.
1. The purpose of the battle of Armageddon is for God to deliver Israel from total destruction by theAntichrist and the many nations under him, Zechariah 14 and Isaiah 63:1 - 10. It will be to punish nations for persecution of the Jews.
2. The purpose and victory of the battle of Armageddon will be to set up a kingdom on the earth with Jesus Christ as it’s head. Daniel 7:13, 14 and Luke 1:31 - 33.
3. The purpose and victory will be to establish and restore God’s dominion on earth and the eternal and perfect state, as it was before the fall of man, 2 Peter 3:10 - 13 and Revelation 21:1 - 8.
1. It will be a battle between the armies of Heaven with Jesus Christ as the leader andSatan, the dragon, the beast and the false prophet with all their followers.
1. The battle will only last one day according to Zechariah 14:1 - 14, "But it shall beone day, that shall be known to the Lord" etc.
1. There will be total defeat of the armies of Satan and all his followers.
2. The armies will make carcases for the fowls of heaven to eat for as long as sevenmonths, Ezekiel 39:4 - 24; Revelation 19:17 - 21; Matthew 24:28; Luke 17:37.
3. Blood will flow up to the horse’s bridals, Revelation 14:14 -20, Ezekiel 39:17 - 24.
4. The beast and false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire, Revelation 19:20.
5. The devil and his angels will be cast into the bottomless pit, Revelation 20:1 - 7.
6. Israel will be delivered and God’s eternal Kingdom will be set up on earth,Matthew 25:31 - 46; Daniel 2:44; 7:18; Revelation 21:1 - 8.
Compiled by: Chris Mengel Snr.
Bible Study Index
THIS PAGE TOP